miércoles, febrero 09, 2005

2005 Paper Writing Countdown: 1/3 done, 4 and 2/3 to go. Rediscovering the magic

Well, I said I was going to try to have it finished for today. It's not gonna happen... it's taking me longer than expected.

I guess I'm rusty and it makes sense... I used to be able to write a 20 pages research paper out of my head in just one day, but that was when I was writing them on weekly basis (God, I miss my undergrad days). These papers are harder to write and I haven't done this in over 8 months, so I need to get the pace again.

But something happened between yesterday and today. Yes, I'm tired and my back is killing me but at the same time, I rediscovered the magic of it. I love doing this, I might complain a lot, but truth is, I enjoy writing papers... I enjoy my academic life and it's nice to be able to sit again and linked things nobody else thought could be related...

That feels good.

Well, off I go to write some more before my plans for the evening.
New deadline for paper #1: tomorrow... (probably afternoon)

|