jueves, agosto 11, 2005

You think that I'm strong....

L. was here last night. She needed a place to crush before heading to lessons early this morning. And it was a huge bless to have her here. I've missed our talks. I know that we're both awfully busy with life, masters and all that jazz, but it was still nice to have her around like old times. I was telling her about A. and the date last week and I was able to say "Can you believe the timing of this? 5 years later, the big idiot!" and she totally got it.

Of course, then I drove her nuts with archery talk.... she really is a saint. After a very detailed description of the 11 hour tournament featuring 3 exes, I told her I was able to block all the ghosts from the past and just shoot. And that I nailed it, but that it had taken all that I have with me left. Then I told her "this damn strenght all people seem to think that I have".

She looked at me the way she always does when she is about to point a fact that is pretty much obvious to everyone but me and slowly said "You seem to have prove you're strong. Did you not hear the story you just told me? You stood there, blocking everyone away and you shot the best ever. Le, that is strenght".

I contemplated the matter and replied "Nope. That was pride. I could not let them see me fail"

She replied, like it was not big deal "Maybe that is the source of your strenght..." That girl, always with those witty wise comments and she has no idea.

Maybe she is right... maybe that is the source of the so called strenght people think I have. God knows that I'd endure almost anything in order to overcome myself.

Well, we'll see this weekend at National Finals.

|