miércoles, diciembre 29, 2004

Measuring Times

Well, 2004 is wrapping up. And I have to sit here and make a balance of it.
Regardless the mono that has gotten me completely numb and sick for the past 2 months, this has been a great year.

It all started with one show, One Tree Hill, that took me to the unexpected. It took me to TwoP looking for recaps only to find their forum and falling in love with the people there... and it took me to Sassy (hugs, girl, before you, no one knew about the marshmellows scene). I learnt there that there was something called fanfiction and I decided to try it. I found myself writing again, soemthing I haven't done in years, and in a language that is not mine. As I grew more confident, Tangled Web Awards and the Rivercourt came into my life, places to sheare and laugh and friendships and sisterhoods all over the world.

Olympic year found me in August looking at my screen 18 hours a day spotting swimming, soccer, basketball, archery, all of it. And one more time I went to TwoP to recognize the many talents swimmers have. When they nicely told us we could no longer admire them, Texas Gal took a stand and founded Olympic Gods. My oh my, I love that place. And from there, I was one step away from Brendan Hansen Online. Then Brendan spotted the site, and then came the Q&A, the posts, the family... all of it.

September was also a month of changes: I decided to switch archery clubs and follow my friends to our new destination, CUDA. And right there, in the most unexpected place, a new friend was found: Majito. Another writer, archer, TV lover, all of it.
So new traditions started: movie days, writing sessions, blogs, websites.

Final web shout out goes to fanforum and Karen's Café: They sure make weeks much more bearable.

As for all the rest: old friendships that remained strong and tight. A masters almost finished, plans to write my thesis and go find my destiny.

I've been blessed this year from many angles I cannot even begin to tell the joy I'm feeling.
And I'm thankful for everything and everyone that crossed my path on this wonderful 2004.

May 2005 begin the same way.

|