lunes, mayo 23, 2005

Dark Side of the Force

Yes, like pretty much everybody else in this world, I went to see Episode III this weekend. Yes, I queued for hour and a half, I waited, I sat, I got popcorn, I saw the whole damn thing. Not to mention the little extras

*don't go to the movies with recent exes in the bunch, somehow, it feels bizarre.
*don't mention you think the remasterized version of Episode VI ruined a classic for you... they won't understand it
*don't criticize something of the movie on the phone with your best friend in a car full of people that liked the movie

Middle of the movie, M is sitting next to me:

M: hm hm hm (humming the Darth Vader song)
Me: For the love of the Jedis, you've been doing that for hours. STOP IT.
(no such luck)

Finally, I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, so I'll just say that I liked it overall with the exception of...

1.- Hayden is a freaking god, but wood is better at acting than him
2.- I wanted more kisses... this was the ultimate romance, people (yes, only I go to SW looking for romance)
3.- Natalie and Hayden have zero chemistry, she had more chemistry with the kid at Episode I, as disturbing as that is.
4.- Main Rant... you could have called JEJ for him to talk at the end, come on, George...

What I did like:

1.- Yoda kicks ass. ALL the time
2.- R2 is just the best... him hidding the intercom... that was priceless
3.- The Jedis were not all almighty good in this one. I liked that.
4.- Chewbacca was there... I only missed Hans Solo this time.

Well, that is all, Young Padawans... and this was the end of an era. May the Force be with you.

|